Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Episode 178: Who Are You?

This week's theme from The Who! “I realized that I wanted to be an artist like the ones that moved me deeply. I wanted to speak MY personal truth, regardless of the cost. I wanted to serve the role of a modern shaman, while embracing the complexities and ironies of our modern world.” (Kevin Kelly) What does this have to do with connecting to MUSIC FANS?

PLUS! CD-Baby's Top-10 Albums from the Flava: For Sports Fans. Fame Games Mail from Sean of Sunbox, Regular rotational airplay went to Track of the Month Winner - "After Hours" by State Warning!



Regining Track of the Week: Kelly Pettit with "She's Just Like Summer"


THE CONTENDERS

  • SUNSET SLIM from Nashville, TN USA with “(stay with) The Devil You Know” – Country
  • SPACEMAN from Johannesburg, South Africa withI'm a King” – Hip-Hop
  • LOCK YOUR DOOR from Novi, MI USA withI am the Sea” – Alternative Rock
  • MIKA COLE from San Bernardino, CA USA with Next Door Power Pop

THE RESULTS!
http://www.meermusic.com

Congratulations to all the artists who made the finals this week! Wishing you all, more and more success!!

Much love,
dj crier, Paul, Graham, Jake, Lexy & Sid

xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fame Games Crew!

This was such a great show!
I am so glad that somebody can filter good music, because there is too much out there, and I never know where to look for good tunes!
I end up flicking through iTunes to see if I find something interesting, but for me it's like walking down the corridors of CDs exposed in mega-stores... I don't know where to look!
One suggestion: could you tell us where to download your songs per show?
Many thanks and keep it up!!
Rose